THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 12, 2008

The Holiday Season Begins: an essay in pictures, mostly

Last week my kitchen counter looked like this:

As Thanksgiving came and went, I was fighting a cough and an ear infection. After four calls to the doctor and three doctor visits, this was the proliferation of medicaments I accrued! Each call added another layer of treatment! I couldn't taste for Thanksgiving (what a bummer!) And I couldn't hear for Christmas Carols at the Christmas tree lighting (maybe not such a bummer?).


But Now....
This week my kitchen counter looks like this:

Wow! What a difference a week and the right antibiotics makes! Christmas music plays from the radio almost all day long, and baking is in full swing. My sister came for her annual pre-Christmas visit this week and helped me get organized, relax a little, and get me totally into the Christmas spirit. We had a fun time making sugar cookies, orange cappucino brownies, regular brownies, and chocolate caramel pecan clusters. She is home now and is sorely missed by all, creatures big and small! This weekend we are expecting a snow storm, and I am so excited to hunker down at home and continue the holiday festivities: put up the rest of the decorations, wrap presents, and bake (chocolate peppermint thumb print cookies, chocolate peanut butter balls, and I might tackle some home made ravioli)!


Here are the past two weeks in pictures:

Truitt enjoying Thanksgiving dinner in the same high chair I once sat in for the same family gathering!

My prego cousins and I at Thanksgiving. Jeanette is due in April, Me in March, and Nikki in February! Three babies in three months! The next family gathering in May should be alot of fun!


At the town Christmas tree lighting:


Here comes Santa, on a firetruck. Truitt really only cared about one thing, and sorry Mom, it wasn't Santa!


The town tree gets lit!


Christmas tree cutting day:

Truitt's handprint in the frost.

Truitt and Daddy walk home from breakfast.


We all pose with the tree.

Truitt learns to say "cheese" for the camera.

Decorating Daddy for Christmas.

Truitt's turn to be cute!

Truitt in front of the tree. Yes, we stayed in our PJ's for most of the day while we decorated, it was a blast!


1 comments:

The Mendes Family said...

Love the new post, looks like it's Christmas time at your house too! Can't wait to see you soon!