THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We live in Mayberry!


I didn't have the camera with us (darn it!) , but here a picture of the main engine we saw.


Last night after dinner we walked to the library to get more books. On our way home we decided to walk past the fire department. Truitt was mesmerized as we passed the shining trucks. He was actually at a stand still pointing at their beauty. Then one of the firemen saw us and invited us to come in! He let Truitt into the cab of their main engine! He got to touch nozzles and gears and lights...it was a very special moment. The fireman finished the surprise tour with a MAC fireman hat and a ton of stickers. We already have Truitt's costume for this year, but next year I think it is going to have to be a Fireman. Maybe I can find a baby fire hydrant costume to go with him!

4 comments:

The Mendes Family said...

I love all of your new posts! I can just see Truitt's face in awe that he got to sit in the fire truck. What a lucky boy! I can see a little baby bump and it is adorable, keep posting on your pregnancy, I don't want to miss anything! Call me soon, I miss you Swiss!
Love, Cheddar

The Mendes Family said...

So our town is having a "Touch A Truck Day" next weekend. I totally wish that I could bring Truitt, it sounds right up his alley! Too bad you don't live closer we would SO be there with Truitt! Miss you! Call me soon, or I'll call you soon!

Dominique Bjorlin said...

Wow, that sounds sooo fabulous! Truitt would love it! Yes, Let's talk soon!

Lals said...

Awwww, what a sweet scene! It seems that your baby boy is already becoming a little man! xx